Search This Blog

Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Art of the Negotiation

I was talking to Mr. Smooth (a man on my team) yesterday regarding a file that was going to be declined because of missing information. We talked about his work on Friday (9/3) and the fact that everything that had to be reviewed by me had missing documents. I was trying to  be nice at that time and told him that I would give him until Tuesday to get everything ready. Well.... Yesterday (Tuesday) I went over the files with Mr. Smooth and the fact that none of the files had the documents needed.

Mr. Smooth's argument: "Well you see you didn't give the people enough time, everyone is still eating barbque from Monday and still relaxing just give them until the end of the week."

My argument : No.

Comment: If you don't have a GOOD argument don't waste time.

No comments:

Post a Comment